Pinus densiflora 'Umbraculifera'
Native to (or naturalized in) Oregon:
- Conifer, evergreen tree/shrub, dwarf, slow growing to 12 ft (3.7 m) or more, size depends upon the rootstock, mushroom shape, usually multistemmed.
- Sun; well-drained, slightly acid soil.
- Hardy to USDA Zone (3b) 4 There is also a "compact" form, i.e., ‘Compact Umbraculifera’ or ‘Compact Tanyosho’. But in some nursery catalogs this selection if listed as having a mature height of 12 ft(3.7) or 20 ft (6 m).
- Umbraculifera: umbrella-bearing
- Oregon State Univ. campus: northwest corner McNary Hall (dorm), on Jefferson Ave.