Abies concolor 'Candicans'
Candicans White Fir
Native to (or naturalized in) Oregon:
- Conifer, evergreen, 30-50 ft (9-15 m), upright, narrow. This popular clone has large, bright silver-blue needles, almost in 2 rows, curved upward, 4-6 cm long.
- Hardy to USDA Zone 3 A clone of A. concolor f. argentia, (argentia = silvery), originated at the Arboretum national des Barres, France, introduced in 1929. In North American commerce since about 1965.
- candicans: Latin, shining or wooly-white
- Silverton, Oregon: The Oregon Garden
- Oregon State Univ. campus: southwest side Milam Hall