Cedrus libani subsp. brevifolia
SE-drus LIB-an-i brev-i-FO-lee-a
C. libani var. brevifolia
Native to (or naturalized in) Oregon:
- Conifer, evergreen, to about 40 ft [12 m] high or more, generally smaller than species. Leaves (needles) are shorter than those of the species, about 6-12 mm long, seed cones are also smaller.
- Sun, prefers well-drained and somewhat dry soil.
- Hardy to USDA Zone (5) 6 Native to Cyprus, in the Troodos Mountains, where its distribution is limited to five sites.
- brevifolia: from Latin brevis, short, and folium, leaf
- Silverton, Oregon: The Oregon Garden - Conifer Garden