Cotoneaster × suecicus 'Coral Beauty'
Coral Beauty Cotoneaster
Royal Beauty Cotoneaster
Pink Beauty Cotoneaster
Cotoneaster dammeri 'Coral Beauty'
Native to (or naturalized in) Oregon:
- Broadleaf, evergreen ground cover or shrub, 1-2 ft tall (0.3-0.6 m) spreading to 6 ft (1.8 m). Leaves simple, alternate, glossy green. Prolific producer of coral red spherical fruit. It is a fully fertile hybrid that reproduces sexually
- Sun to part shade, average watering, adaptable to soil type but best on well-drained
- Hardy to USDA Zone 5
- Possibly more than one selection under this name, Sunset Western Garden Book lists it as growing only to 6 inches (15 cm) high.
- Taxonomy: 'Coral Beauty’ is now considered a selection of the hybrid, Cotoneaster x suecicus, which was derived from a cross of Cotoneaster dammeri x Cotoneaster conspicuous. However, it is often offered as Cotonaeaster dammeri 'Coral Beauty' in the nursery trade. It may also be offered as 'Pink Beauty' and 'Royal Beauty'.
- suecicus: Swedish. The hybrid, Cotoneaster x suecicus, is known as the Swedish Cotoneaster, I don't know why (yet).