Native to (or naturalized in) Oregon:
- Evergreen ground cover/shrub, 1-3 ft (30-90 cm). Densely branched, creeping, slender and rooting stems, and upright secondary branches. Leaves only 1.5 cm , oval, rounded to emarginate at apex, margins tend to curl downward, dark green above and woolly beneath. White flowers (6 mm diam.) solitary, rosy-red fruit crowded along stems.
- Sun to part shade. Adaptable, needs little or no maintenance. Sometimes known as Rockspray Cotoneaster, a name also applied to C. horizontalis.
- Hardy to USDA Zone 5 Native to the Himalayas
- A few selections, including 'Cooperi'
- microphyllus: small (micro) leaves (phyllus)