Taxodium distichum 'Peve Minaret'
Peve Minaret Baldcypress
Native to (or naturalized in) Oregon:
- Deciduous conifer, shrub, dwarf, 8 ft (2.4 m) tall and 4 ft (1.2 m) wide, dense branching. Leaves "fern-like", bright green in spring, then pale green; fall color orange, yellow and tan.
- Sun, grows well on deep, fine, sandy loam, acid soil. It can be sheared to about 2 inches (about 5 cm) from the trunk to give a pole-like shape.
- Hardy to USDA Zone 5 A Dutch selection.
- Silverton, Oregon: The Oregon Garden - Conifer Garden
- Oregon State Univ. campus: sheared plants near the SW entrance to ALS.