Cornus controversa 'June Snow'
June Snow Giant Dogwood
June Snow™ Dogwood
Native to (or naturalized in) Oregon:
- Deciduous tree, at maturity about 30 ft (9 m) tall and 40 ft (12 m) wide, horizontal branches, rounded. Leaves simple, alternate, dark green; fall color can range from orange-yellow, red, purple-red to purple. Small creamy-white flowers borne in late-May or June, in flat-topped clusters held above the leaves. Fruit (6 mm diam.), abundant, blue-black.
- Sun, part shade, moist soil. Grows rapidly.
- Hardy to USDA Zone 5 Appears to be the most common non-variegated selection of Giant Dogwood.
- Silverton, Oregon: The Oregon Garden
- Oregon State Univ. campus: front of Weatherford Hall.