Native to (or naturalized in) Oregon:
- Evergreen shrub, erect, spreading, 6.5 ft tall and 10 ft wide (2 × 3 m), but apparently variable in size. Leaves alternate, simple, ovate, elliptic or obovate, or narrowly so, 2-14 cm long, 0.5-4.5 cm wide, margin entire, leathery, upper surface smooth, gray-green, lower surface silvery, hairy. Flowers orange-red in 3-9 cm pendent clusters in spring and summer.
- Sun to partial shade (best). Well-drained, sites, may need occasional summer water to prevent bud drop. Fertilize lightly, avoid fertilizers with a high content of phosphorus.
- Hardy to USDA Zone 8 Native to southeastern Australia.
- victoriae: named in honor of Queen Victoria(1819-1901).
- Silverton, Oregon: The Oregon Garden