Sequoia sempervirens 'Adpressa'
Adpressa Coastal Redwood
Native to (or naturalized in) Oregon:
- Dwarf form, irregular habit, densely twiggy, buds and shoot tips white. Leaves (needles) very densely arranged, oblong-oval, 6-8 mm long, directed forward.
- Hardy to USDA Zone 7 Developed before 1867 by André Leroy in Angers, France.
- Adpressa: pressed against or on; apparently a reference to the young needles.
- Some confusion as to whether the cultivars 'Adpressa' and 'Albospica' are actually different.
- Oregon State Univ., North Willamette Research and Extension Center, Aurora.