No English common name
(Kashmeri names Hatab, Pohu)
Native to (or naturalized in) Oregon:
- Deciduous upright tree, 8-12(20) ft (2.4-3.7(6) m) tall. Leaves alternate, simple, ovate to orbicular, 5-9 cm, margins with broad serrations, dark green above, dense stellate pubescence on vein below, petioles to 13 mm. Flowers small, without petals, the most obvious parts are the 15-20 densely packed, yellow, stamens; in clusters subtended by 4-6 white, ovate bracts. Fruit is a dehiscent capsule.
- Culture is similar to that of Parrotia.
- Hardy to USDA Zone 5 Native to Himalaya.
- jacquemontianna: after Victor Jacquemont (1801-1832), French naturalist (botanist, geologist) known for his travels in India and Himalaya
- Portland, OR: Elk Rock and Hoyt Arboretum