Native to (or naturalized in) Oregon:
- Broadleaf deciduous shrub, grows to 3 ft, sometimes to 6 ft, high (0.9-1.8 m), with a similar spread, long slender branches, graceful. Leaves opposite, simple, 3-7.5 cm long, about half as wide, acuminate, coarsely serrate except at apex and base, bright medium green. Flowers small, pinkish, displayed in clusters above the foliage. Fruit spherical, lilac-violet, 3-4 mm wide.
- Full sun for best heavy fruiting
- Hardy to USDA Zone 5 Native to eastern and central China and Japan
- 'Albifructus' is a white fruited form
- dichotoma: forked in pairs, branches (in other words, opposite buds)
- Corvallis: 2840 Hayes, Hayes Ave. and 29th St.(2013)