Cedrus libani 'Stenocoma'
C. libani subsp. stenocoma
Native to (or naturalized in) Oregon:
- Conifer, evergreen, to 60 ft (18 m), conical habit at first then more columnar, branches have slightly nodding tips. The size of needles and cones are said to be intermediate between those of C. libani and C. atlantica.
- Sun. Prefers well-drained and somewhat dry soil.
- Hardy to USDA Zone 6 - but considered more cold hardy than some other selections. From the mountains of southwest Turkey. Its origin and name are somewhat confused; see Jacobson (1996) for details.
- Stenocoma: from the Greek stenos, narrow, and koma, hair.
- Silverton, Oregon: The Oregon Garden - Conifer Garden